From the 1980s since I was a teenager I have been talking about how “The US Government, especially DoD is biggest Accelerator, Venture Capitalist of US entrepreneurial innovation and global wealth creation?” I learnt a lot and my fundamentals studying tech, defense, military and other ICT technologies, business models and application of ideas into plans and into companies as a DNA. The rest just followed.
Aircrafts, supplychain, microwave, www, mobile technologies, aircraft, the list is endless.
TALPIOT, NSA, UNIT 8200, PENTAGON, ET AL, ENGINE OF GLOBAL INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP!
JOB CREATION, INNOVATION & PEACE? WE NEED THE MILITARY, DARPA, NASA, TALPIOT, INQTEL, STANFORD, MIT?
Startup Nation, (http://startupnationbook.com), the book that really highlighted the real chutzpah of Israeli innovation, entrepreneurship and wealth creation.
Pop Quiz: Which country boasts the highest density of start-ups in the world, attracts venture capital investment per capita 2 ½ times greater than the U.S., and has more companies listed on NASDAQ than the entire European continent combined?India, China, or maybe Canada just north of us? In truth, tiny, war-torn Israel is the answer to all three. In their 2009 book Start-Up Nation, Dan Senor and Saul Singer reveal all of the above, and destroy a lot of conventional economic wisdom in the process.
5 Steps That Turned Israel From Socialism To Startup Haven
I like the work that Mariana Mazzucato, “The Entrepreneurial State” and her must watch TED talk http://on.ted.com/Mazzucato
- The State as market shaper not fixer – why austerity will hurt innovation.
- The State behind the iPhone’s ‘smart’ technologies: and Apple’s tax?
- Why Keynesian policies are not enough.
- Socialisation of risk, privatisation of rewards in the innovation economy.
The insights for the analytics and data are very clear. Governments investing in the bleeding edge of technologies across defense & military, biotechnologies, social, geospatial, robotics to what is even unknown and in someone’s mind, lab or university is the real competitive advantage for a nation.
It’s from these applications of fundamental research come the formation of social networks that create startups and attract ecosystems from risk capital investors such as angels, VC and PE to customers downstream. Which is why when you look at the most the great opportunity for startups, look no further then government funded technologists or startups. They have a competitive advantage. The applications are already live either in a secret program, battlefield or next plan. Next stop in your hand, car or home!
Now you know where to look, what to look for and where to network or invest in. We need the NSA, Talpiot, DoD, DARPA, Unit 8200, CIA, the Pentagon and InQTel. Remember after all who really understands that the next cycle of innovation has begun around networked sensors to computing around CPUs and GPUs connected to markets. C4ISR/MASINT/OSINT/SIGINT/GEOINT/CYBINT. Anyone interested?
- Job creation, innovation & peace? We need the military, DARPA, NASA, Talpiot, InQTel, Stanford, MIT?(gerardjrego.com)
- Taskmasters: how Israeli intelligence officers helped inspire the look of iOS 7 (theverge.com)
- Pentagon’s DARPA works on reading brains in real time. (zedie.wordpress.com)
- The Best Tech School On Earth Is Israeli Army Unit 8200 (grumpyelder.com)
- An insider’s take on Israel’s start-up success (venturebeat.com)
- Cyberwar, the Internet and the Militarization of Civil Society (rinf.com)
- Consumerization of the “Aerospace & Defense” industry will dominate this era of business (gerardjrego.com)
- DARPA offering $2 million to anyone who can build Skynet software (techi.com)
- Pentagon’s DARPA works on reading brains in real time (peanutbuttersunrise.com)
- DARPA wants to put chips in the brain of soldiers to help with mental illness (dottech.org)